How does CAS Expert work in your organisation?
The fact that the three best document recognition algorithms in the world have been combined in a single software application makes it possible to retrieve the maximum information from a manufacturer’s certificate. To ensure optimum continuity and global support, CAS has been built in collaboration with a number of software multinationals
By connecting CAS Expert direct to your email inbox, it will automatically capture all incoming certificates. CAS Expert first independently sorts all pdf certificates and groups them together by manufacturer. Every manufacturer has their own (unique) method of recording information. Following sorting, the pdf certificates are passed on to the CAS Factory Connectors for thorough analysis and information recognition. Thanks to these CAS Factory Connectors , the software knows precisely where to find all the relevant information, and how it should be translated. After careful validation, the Factory Connectors pass on the information to the CAS Output Connector. This Connector is responsible for sending the data to the final destination, your ERP system or a quality control system like CAS Control.
CAS Expert is able to independently:
- monitor you email inbox (or folders) for incoming certificates
- initiate a search for purchase order numbers and project numbers in the email or attachments
- separate pages if one or more certificates are integrated in a large pdf file
- initiate a search for qualities, standards, batch/heat numbers and product numbers
- locate and link tables with dimensions, chemical and mechanical test results to product numbers
- standardise, filter, clean up and convert data/numbers into a single uniform language, and a single number display. No matter where in the world the certificate originates and/or which language is used on the pdf.
- adapt (uniform) data and original pdf certificates for your ERP system, with your article definitions
- pass on data and original pdf certificates to CAS Control for a so-called threshold values check, before you release the steel within your organisation.
- as required, operate fully autonomously
Although the quality of certificates is constantly improving, scanned - sometimes barely legible - versions are still in circulation. CAS Expert uses the very latest recognition software, and achieves the highest possible results, also for scanned pdf certificates. CAS identifies which steel products have actually been delivered. It then passes on only these product lines to the ERP system, with relevant information. CAS Expert is also capable of independently conducting the validation and only requesting support if information is missing.
The final destination
The original pdf certificate with the accompanying information can be transmitted directly to your ERP system, a Document Management System and/or a quality control system like CAS Control. With all these possibilities, you have access to far more information about the ‘actually measured product properties’. In addition, every product comes with a unique link to the original pdf certificate. This is particularly useful for example if you automatically want to supply your customer with the relevant original pdf certificates after you have sold the material.
- Time savings.
The registration of certificates is now 80% faster, and more information is recorded. You can also fully automate the sharing of certificates with your customers.
- Increased capacity.
The maximum processing capacity of certificates in your organisation is increased 17-fold.
Registration is now 100% accurate; you have a clear overview and are in control of product information to back up every stock item.
You can respond rapidly to customer questions, without wasting time searching for the original pdf certificate.
You are less dependent on employees who know exactly where which information is stored, in a certificate from a particular manufacturer.
Anyone can learn to process certificates in CAS Connect in just 30 minutes.