How does CAS Connect work in your organisation?
The basic requirement for using CAS Connect is that a record is made of all batch/heat numbers when goods are received. If that registration works smoothly, the foundations for CAS Connect are already in place. Using that information, CAS Connect can independently:
- monitor email traffic for incoming certificates
- search for purchase order numbers in the email or attachments
- automatically initiate a search for batch or heat numbers and product numbers, and any additional relevant properties received, in the pdf certificate
- search for a whole variety of additional details relevant to the batch numbers and products numbers, such as chemical properties and mechanical test results
- standardise, filter, clean up and convert data into a single language and a single number display
How does it work? Your employee inspects the incoming certificate information in the summary display in CAS Connect. The same member of staff can then simply place the pdf certificate ‘on hold’ if for example the delivery has not (yet) been completed, or ‘release’ the product or product batch once the delivery is complete. The software then sends the pdf certificate plus all accompanying data to your ERP system.
The final destination
You can still search for stock items in the ERP system in the way you are used to. However, the difference now is that you have access to far more information about the ‘actually measured’ product properties. In addition, every product comes with a unique link to the original pdf certificate. This is particularly useful for example if you want to automatically supply your customer with the relevant original pdf certificates after you have sold the steel.
- Time saving
The registration of certificates is now 80% faster, and more information is recorded. You can also fully automate the sharing of certificates with your customers.
- Increased capacirty
The maximum processing capacity of certificates in your organisation is increased 17-fold
Registration is now 100% accurate; you have a clear overview and are in control of product information to back up every stock item.
- Employees satisfaction
No more repetitive, manual tasks.
You can respond rapidly to customer questions, without wasting time searching for the original pdf certificate.
You are less dependent on employees who know exactly where which information is stored, in a certificate from a particular manufacturer.
Anyone can learn to process certificates in CAS Connect in just 30 minutes.